When I arrived at Lucky Hammock at a little before eleven this morning
there were at least three Swainson's Hawks soaring with the Turkey
Vultures. All the Swainson's were juveniles, two light and one
intermediate colored bird. There was also what sounded like a Least
Flycatcher calling from the hammock but I never got to see the bird.
Afterwords while walking along the edge of the fallow field beyond the
overgrown area east of the paved road I flushed about three dozen
sparrows. The ten or so that landed where I could see them were all
Grasshopper Sparrows and I think most, if not all of those I couldn't see
perched were also grasshoppers. There were also two Western
Kingbirds near 212th Ave north of the main road that leads to
Everglades National Park.