For those getting ready to (once again) set out across the state as I was
because of the post below, I think it needs to be pointed out that this is
the regurgitated/recycled message that Barbara talked about (but didn't get
specific with) It was originally sent on Tuesday the 19th, when the bird was
indeed present (see the "Sent" line below on the reply summary).

Unfortunately, I don't belive the bird has been seen since the passage of
the front Friday.

That said I do think everyone in the state needs to look closely at all of
the swallows that are being seen. The same system that dropped this bird and
dozens of Cave Swallows in the Brevard area (as well as mass destruction and
tornados throughout mid eastern states), brought reports of Cave Swallows
from upstate NY, Mass, and Cape May, NJ (as many as 15 at the latter). At
any rate, it is very possible that more of these birds are still kicking
around, and with luck maybe another of these little Yucatan beauties or some
other wacko is with them. Stay tuned and keep an eye to the sky.

Best,

Jeff Bouton
Port Charlotte, FL