It also brought in 5 reported Ash-throated Flycatchers and likely other
neat birds!

Doug Wassmer
Tampa, FL

From: Florida Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Jeff Bouton
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 5:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FLBIRDS] Swallow at Viera

For those getting ready to (once again) set out across the state as I
was
because of the post below, I think it needs to be pointed out that this
is
the regurgitated/recycled message that Barbara talked about (but didn't
get
specific with) It was originally sent on Tuesday the 19th, when the bird
was
indeed present (see the "Sent" line below on the reply summary).

Unfortunately, I don't belive the bird has been seen since the passage
of
the front Friday.

That said I do think everyone in the state needs to look closely at all
of
the swallows that are being seen. The same system that dropped this bird
and
dozens of Cave Swallows in the Brevard area (as well as mass destruction
and
tornados throughout mid eastern states), brought reports of Cave
Swallows
from upstate NY, Mass, and Cape May, NJ (as many as 15 at the latter).
At
any rate, it is very possible that more of these birds are still kicking
around, and with luck maybe another of these little Yucatan beauties or
some
other wacko is with them. Stay tuned and keep an eye to the sky.

Best,

Jeff Bouton
Port Charlotte, FL