Hello,

One of my friends Al Madsden just told me of a Red-shouldered Hawk that
has developed a new way of finding food. Al and two neighbors have often
watched this hawk land on their yards and overturn the small concrete
rings protecting their yard sprinkler heads. Al had seen the hawk catch
Palmetto bugs from under a ring several times and today watched as it
found a small snake under one. Adaptation is the key to survival in
suburbia for sure!

Ken Tracey     [log in to unmask]
New Port Richey, FL
West Pasco Audubon Society  http://www.audubon.org/chapter/fl/westpasco