Dottie and I went to SMNWR this afternoon (Thursday, 11/7) and found the
Scoter in the Picnic Pond apparently with the same raft of Scaup/Buffleheads
as yesterday.  We saw it there at about 1:30 p.m. on the way to the
Lighthouse and it was still there at about 3:30 p.m. when we were on the way
out.  We were able to point out the bird to a group of birders that had
bussed down from Columbus, GA.  I also saw a Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow in
the area between the Lighthouse Pond dike and the Gulf. Saw 100+ White
Pelicans soaring over the area behind the Picnic Pond but did not see the
Tropical/Couch Kingbird.

Keith MacVicar
Tallahassee  FL