Hi all,

     This morning I took a ride to Green Key (Robert K. Rees Memorial
Park) in W. Pasco, by way of Strauber Mem. Hwy., to check if the 2
Avocets were still at the salt flats. They weren't, but there were 14
Sandhill Cranes, 3 Dunlin, a large flock of Least Sandpipers, and a Bald
Eagle. At Green Key saw the usual waders, plus the following birds:

Brown Pelican
D.C.Cormorants
2 Hooded Mergansers
Osprey
Northern Harrier
3 Caspian Terns
1 Royal Tern
Laughing Gulls
150+ Black Skimmers
Western Sandpiper (small flock)
Least Sandpiper
3 Dunlin (1 missing a leg and 1 dead in the grass, bad day for Dunlin?)
2 Semipalmated Plovers
1 Black-bellied Plover
1 S.B.Dowitcher
Willet
Kingfisher
Fish Crow
Marsh Wren (bright colored northern bird)
Sedge Wren (?, in the Juncus marsh)
Common Ground Dove
Gray Catbird
Palm Warblers
Yellow-rumped Warblers (lots)
Redwings

Then I took a drive to look for the SR54 Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. I
searched the area 1/4 mi. past little Road all the way to the Insurance
office where it was seen last year, with no luck. Perhaps it had headed
for cover during the brief downpour that hit as I was driving there. All
I saw was a House Wren.
On the way back home I stopped at Key Vista Nature Park, which is a
little south of the Avocet spot, where Strauber Mem. Dr. turns into
Bailey's Bluff Road. Birds there:

3 White Pelicans (flyover)
Belted Kingfisher
1 Eastern Phoebe
Tufted Titmouse
1 Carolina Chickadee
2 House Wrens
Carolina Wren
possible Winter Wren (very quick look)
Gray Catbirds
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers
Possible 2 Golden-crowned Kinglets (couldn't get good enough look, drat!)
Yellow-throated Vireo
Yellow-throated Warbler (possibly 2)
Palm Warblers (lots, 1 with very intense yellow coloration. If it hadn't
been wagging its tail and associated with other Palms, I would've been
unsure of the i.d., only getting bottom-rear view of it.)
Yellow-rumped Warblers (lots)
Cardinal

Good birding,
Ray Smart