Hi All,

I took the day to go up to St. Marks NWR in Wakulla County to see the
White-Winged Scoter. The trip went well, I found the Scoter and a few other
things. Ducks are still low there, I only managed to find about seven
species. Highlights from the day are below:

At the gate to the refuge I found a male GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET foraging in a
mixed flock.

Near East River Pool lots of LESSER & GREATER YELLOWLEGS, GLOSSY IBIS.

At Picnic Pond the 1st. year WHITE-WINGED SCOTER was in with a large group of
LESSER SCUAP and BUFFLEHEAD. Plus a few RING-NECKED DUCKS. I could not find
the Surf Scoter that was seen a couple days before in the area.

Around the Lighthouse there were lots of SONG SPARROWS & SWAMP SPARROWS, but
I only found one NELSON'S SHARP-TAILED SPARROW. Also present were
WHITE-WINGED DOVES, HOUSE FINCH, MARSH WRENS, CLAPPER RAILS, SORA. The other
ponds near by had about 20 WHITE PELICANS, a pair of GADWALL and a lone
NORTHERN SHOVELER.

Good Birding,
Brian Ahern
Tampa, FL.