Today a friend and I canoed Juniper Springs off 40 west of Barberville and
Astor.  The birds were so pitifully lacking.  Found a few Ruby-crowned
Kinglets, Eastern Phoebes, a handful of Am. Robins and of true consequence: 2
Swainson's Thrushes and 2 Hermit Thrushes, all feeding in the undergrowth
each with their own species but not together.  Well, with another cold front
promised near the end of the week, maybe some laggers will arrive!

We did take a quick side trip to Bluffton Ridge and saw several very large
flocks of Robins go over us, maybe 200 or so just about 4:45 PM.  I am trying
to be optimistic!

Meret Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL