from a birding friend of ours---
"Saturday at the FWBSF. We had great looks at both anis, the
Ash-throated and Vermilion flycatchers, and a Clay-colored Sparrow (along
sparrow trail, no less). Just after lunch we returned for another look at
the anis and flushed an adult Peregrine Falcon that was carrying a dark,
blackbird-like bird that could have been an ani. If there is only one ani
now present, this event will probably explain why."

The Leica scope lens cover owner has been found. At least one of the four
respondents who lost a cover is now happy.  ;-)

Lucy Duncan
Gulf Breeze, FL

.