Hi Folks,

I don't recall if anyone has posted any thoughts on the aging of the
Tallahassee Husonian Godwit but it sure looks like a juvenile to me from the
photos I've seen of it. I'm basing this on the fact that the plumage is very
fresh and there is only one generation of feathers present. At this time of
year I would expect an adult to still bcompleting its molt and showing a
mixture of a few very worn alternate feathers together with mostly plain gray
basic feathers on the upperparts. This bird shows very crips fresh feather
edges. The feathers of the mantle, scapulars and wing coverts are all finely
but very distinctly edged with yellowish white or white - the field marks of
a classic juvenile.

Ed Kwater
Brandon, FL