  We checked out Wakodahatchee wetlands west of Delray Beach for the
first time this fall and found most of our winter birds in residence and
the Moorhen as vocal as ever.  We saw 42 species.  Here are the
highlites:
7 Sora Rails
1 Limpkin (on the island near the SE shelter)
1 PB Grebe
2 immature Black Crowned Night Herons (south of the 1st shelter)
4 Glossy Ibis
3 Wood Storks (flying over)
30 Blue Winged Teal
1 pair of Green Winged Teal (on the pond beyond the flood gate north of
the NE shelter)
18 Purple Gallinules
1 Common Snipe (north of the SE shelter)
5 Common Yellow Throated Warblers
and lots of Yellow Rumps and Palm Warblers.

It was a very pleasant morning between the sprinkles.

John & Chadda Shelly