 Dear Birders:

 This morning a very probable Violet-green Swallow was found by Murray
Gardler (of Sulphur-bellied Flycatcher fame), at the "Click Ponds" in
the Viera wetlands area. The bird was with up to 12 Cave Swallows of
the Mexican race, a Barn Swallow, & at least 2 Tree Swallows. The bird
looks to be a Hatch year male or adult female. The only unusual field
mark is the all white rump. Typical birds of this species have a dark
line separating the two sides of the white rump. Although, at one
point when the bird was in good light, the angle was good & the bird
was quite close, it looked to me that the left & right sides of the
rump were a brighter white & that the area between was an off white.
The birds face looks good for Violet-green & Green was visible on the
birds back. Nedra S., Lyn A., Dick N., & Jill G. were trying to get
video shots of the bird when I left. There are 3 previous reports for
the species in Florida, one was eventually retracted, one was CRAP, &
one was reviewed by the FOS records committee but was rejected.
 Take exit 73 west off I-95 right to the water treatment facility.
Sign in at the building on your left & then continue on straight ahead
onto the dike. When you get up on the dike go to the left until you
reach a concrete structure on the right side of the dike. The swallows
were about 100 yard farther down the dike hunting over the field on
the left.
 Birders who were birding in the rain on Sunday reported Clif/Cave
type swallows in the area with Tree & Barn, so this bird may well have
been there since at least yesterday & overlooked as a Tree Swallow in
the rain. Good luck to all!

 Wes Biggs
 Florida Nature Tours, Orlando  407/363-1360  [log in to unmask]
 http://www.floridanaturetours.com   ABA sponsored