In answer to several questions, yes the wetlands in Viera are open on the
weekends and everyday from roughly dawn until dusk. they only insist that you
sign in at the office. There is a clipboard on the counter on your right as
you walk in the front door. It will have the rules for being out on the berm
on top and you can also pick up a map as it is supposed to be one way on the
berm. You are supposed to go all the way around to the right (anticlockwise)
to get to the area for the swallow. I think they might be letting it go a bit
due to the circumstances, but I won't swear to it.

Sarah Linney
Cocoa, FL