Hi All,

Starting this week I will be taking over running the Statewide RBA for
Florida. Charlie Ewell has been running it for almost the past two years and
due to time constraints has past it on to me. A huge thanks goes out to
Charlie for running this service as it can be a tough and very time consuming
job.

For now and in the near future, I will only be doing the RBA through e-mails
over the Internet. There will not be a phone line people can call in to, at
least not right now. This could change, but doesn't look like it will anytime
soon. My goal is to send out weekly RBAs every Friday evening or Saturday,
and immediate alerts for very rare birds (like a Mangrove Swallow!). For the
most part I will only include "chase-able" birds and pelagic reports. If an
unusual bird is found on private property and the owners don't indicate or
wish for people to come view the bird, then the sighting will not be
mentioned at all in the RBAs. I would also like when possible to include the
person's name who makes a report. The DeLorme Florida Atlas & Gazetteer and
Bill Pranty's ABA guide "A Birder's Guide to Florida" will be used
extensively to aid in directions. These are two books every serious birder in
Florida should have, as they are invaluable tools!
       I'll looking forward to taking on this challenging task and welcome
any comments or suggestions you might have.
Thanks!,
Brian Ahern
Tampa, FL.