Beautiful weather, nice temperature, lovely scenery, this is birding in
paradise. I've been birding in Lakes Regional Park the past three mornings,
many Palm Warblers all over the place. Pine Warblers have also been present
as well as American Redstarts, Black and White Warblers, and Common
Yellowthroat. Thursday I saw a Yellow-throated Warbler, yesterday I had a
Black-throated Green and a Bay-sided Warbler in the area of the large Ficus
(Strangler Fig) tree in the middle of the Fragrance Garden.  Ovenbirds were
also present, a Catharus sp. (prob. Veery?) was also seen, but I have trouble
with ID (where are the Vinces when you need them)? Black throated blue were
also present. Other species were the ever-present Ruby Throated Hummingbirds,
Gray Catbirds, Blue Gray Gnatcatchers, Carolina Wrens, and the usual Northern
Cardinals, Northern Mockingbirds, Mourning Doves, Downy Woodpeckers and Red
Bellied Woodpeckers. Great Egrets, Moorhen, Anhingas were also seen.

The Sanibel Lighthouse I found more quiet this week, also less birders than
usual (Is it the $2 per hour parking fee?), but today I saw a group of over
75 Turkey Vultures gliding on the thermals, it seems like this morning there
were great numbers of them everywhere. Two American Kestrels and two Sharp
Shinned Hawks were also seen. Yesterday I saw a group of five Broad Winged
Hawks crossing the Gulf waters towards Fort Myers Beach. Palm Warblers were
also all over the place, Black Throated Blue, Pine, and Black and White
Warblers were also seen. Eastern Phoebe, White Eyed Vireos, Pileated, Downy
and Red Bellied Woodpeckers were also seen.

Jose V. Padilla-Lopez, MD, [log in to unmask], Ft. Myers, FL 33912