Fellow Birders:
Just on a hunch I decided to bird this afternoon after reading the Turkey
Creek report on migrant warblers yesterday. I had hopes of catching the
Yellow-rumps surging through. Well it was not quite what I expected but
things are still hopping along. My guess is that the radar reports will
continue to see small bursts of Cuba bound birds. Most of SRP was dead,
except the N parking lot area, which yielded 9 of the 11 species I observed.
Yellow-rumped warblers were mixed in with Blue-grey Gnatcatchers, a Downy and
a couple of Pines. There were several mixed flocks around. The berries from
the other day were gone, but there were gnat swarms and ample mosquitos. But
mostly the birds were milling about like new arrivals do in the park. There
were several Black and White Warblers together. Usually you see them as
loners. I do not know how much longer Tennesees will be around, but there was
one. As well as warblers, there were still large numbers of Turkey Vultures
moving through. There are usually several hundred, but today there were over
1000 coming down to several Boca Raton roosts. I saw three Northern Harriers
blaze by overhead, as singles, but coming down to roost. I usually give fall
migration until about November 10, then I slow down until holiday season
winter counting.

Warblers:
Yellow-throated (3)
Palm (4)