In a message dated 11/21/02 2:38:06 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>I know that David Simpson has commented that the bird did not appear more
>"slender" (I don't recall anyone saying the bird was noticeably smaller
>than the Tree Swallows--did anyone notice that?).

I can't really comment on the smaller or not as it really didn't get too
close to other swallows, or they to it, while feeding yesterday morning. I,
and several others, noted that it's body was a little on the chunky side
though, that the Trees seemed slimmer through the body.

Sarah Linney
Cocoa, FL