I saw a Harris's Hawk here in Bonita Springs, Florida today at 3:30 PM.  It
was sitting on top of a street light pole.  I was able to observe it for more
than 5 minutes from about 25 feet away.  It called several times.  All the
markings were right; the locality was wrong!
According to _National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America_,
a Harris's Hawk that is so far outside its normal range is probably not a
wild bird.  Clark & Wheeler's book _Hawks of North America_ states the same
thing, so I am assuming (until someone tells me otherwise) that this bird is
an escape.
Does anyone have any thoughts about this bird?
Linda Lee Baker
Bonita Springs, Florida   USA