Linda,
My thoughts are it's an escaped Falconer's bird. When I lived up north I
attended a bird carving show and one of the featured guests was a
falconer who showed several hawks, among them a Harris's, which he said
is often used by falconers. If you see it again check for a band. (But
who knows?  It might be wild!)

Good birding,
Ray Smart
New Port Richey, FL