Hi all,

Went down to St Marks NWR around dusk this afternoon/evening, and spotted
what I believe was a male LESSER NIGHTHAWK over Mounds Pool #1. The white
bars on the wings appeared closer to the tip, and the flight was lower and
less bouncy than the Common Nighthawks I have seen. Unfortunatly I didn't
note how prominent the tail band was (per Peterson). I'm sure enough to call
it Year Bird #264 and Lifer #284...

There wasn't all that much bird activity - too many people. No geese, GC
kinglets or creepers, but there was a good assortment of ducks:

Gadwall
Mallard
American Wigeon
Ring-necked Duck
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser

There was a large mixed flock in Picnic Pond including all of the above
except Mallard, plus cormorants, but no scoters.

-S.P.McCool
Crawfordville, Wakulla County, Florida