We birdwatched and hiked at St. Marks NWR today from 11:30 AM until 4:15
PM.  It was a beautiful, clear and cool afternoon.  Highlights included

American Bittern -  1 on right side of double dikes (in Stony Bayou #1),
about 150 yards from                 main road
White Pelicans - flock of about 120 flying over Stony Bayou #1, plus 14
elsewhere
Peregrine Falcon - 1 flying over Tower Pond

BOBOLINK - 1 on the south dike of Stony Bayou #2, ca. 100-200 yards west
of the oak tree where Vermilion Flycatchers have been found in past
winters.  Very yellow buff breast. Based on Stevenson and Anderson, this
is a very late record for the species.

At the intersection of the double dikes with the northwest corner of
Stony Bayou #2, near a metal
marker with the number "127" on it, we saw 4 flycatcher species:

Eastern Phoebe - several
VERMILION FLYCATCHER - 1 immature male
WESTERN KINGBIRD - 1 (unforked tail with white outer tail feathers,
light gray head, small bill)
Tropical/Couch's Kingbird -  1 (forked tail with no white).  We presume
it's the same bird that has been reported sporadically by others.

Someone had reported a Scissortail Flycatcher at Tower Pond this
morning, but we were not lucky enough to find it.

Dean and Sally Jue
Tallahassee, FL