Hi Brian,

You make some good points. Prolonged observation should sort out whether the
rump really is totally white or there are simply white feathers obscuring it.
I picked Mangrove Swallow as a POSSIBLE contender because of the proximity of
its range to the US. It is fairly common as close to FL as the Yucatan
Peninsula. The other three species you mentioned would be real long shots but
like you say anything's possible. A White-winged Swallow would be rather
obvious due to the white in the secondaries. I haven't seen either
White-rumped or Tumbes Swallows so I can't comment.

Ed Kwater
Brandon, FL

Listowner: Click:  [log in to unmask]