James, the Lesser Black-backed Gull I've seen at Redington Shores (at the pier or a little north of it) this fall has been a winter adult.

You didn't mention  bill color.  Last month I saw two Great Black-backed Gulls on the beach.  One was an adult and the other a third year gull, very similar to the one in National Geographic's field guide, page 209.  Something else to consider is the possibility that it might be a hybrid gull.

Thanks for posting.  I'm going to check out that roof top during my beach gull checks from now on, starting tomorrow!

Irene
- - - -
Irene Hernandez
Redington Shores, FL