Hi All:

This morning I stopped by Jetty Park at Cape Canaveral for about 30 minutes.  By then the effects of the Red Tide had me sneezing and coughing.  Hundreds of dead fish had washed up on the shoreline, and it seems to me the port used to smell this way before the "Mega-Cruise industry", and everything looked so proper.  The clean up-crew were there with a front-end loader and "pick-up-sticks".  I thought a snow shovel would have been faster.

The favorite item for the gulls seemed to be the Eels;  looked like  they were eating spaghetti!   There were, beside the hundreds of LAUGHING and  RING -BILLED,  many HERRING, about 25 GREATER BLACK-BACKED,  around 50 LESSER BLACK-BACKED,  and hundreds of ROYAL TERNS,  a few SANDWICH, CASPIAN, and FORSTER'S.  I didn't seen any COMMON.  There were also some BLACK SKIMMERS and SANDERLINGS.

For about a month I've been seeing a few RED KNOTS, but has been sporadic; none today.

Phylllis Mansfield,
Cocoa Beach