This morning as I was headed out the front door on the way to work, I
checked the snag by the pond in front of my apartment as I always do to
see who had the top perch, (its usually the neighborhood BTGs,
mockingbirds, red-bellieds or bluejays).

Today the top was held by a displaying BTG, but.... on the next perch
down was  a  light green bird with a long tail.  I did a double take.
It was definitely a Psittacula species with a pinkish-red beak.  Most
likely candidates are Alexandrine or Ring-necked juvenile as the
markings were barely present (I checked Juniper and Parr's PARROTS book
at work).  Probably somebody's pet that got away.  I whistled at it and
it looked down at me, but didn't make any moves... If it sticks around,
I'll try to make contact with it...
Linda Most
West Palm Beach