With a lot of luck and a little patience I was able to take some video of an American Bittern on October 30 at Anhinga Trail in Everglades National Park. I placed a 20-second video clip of the bittern on my web site (www.floridabirds.net). Follow the link that says "Video Downloads." There you will find instructions on how to play the video over the internet using Windows Media Player. You will also find a few other short videos for downloading, including one of the Slaty-backed Gull in Key West.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter G. Merritt, Ph.D.
8558 SE Sharon Street