Dear Subscribers,

Thanks so much for all the input I received for the question on whether or
not developmental courses are required or mandatory at your institutions.
Most replies said coursework was required, especially in community colleges.
We wanted to get an overview.

Meantime, we announce the start of our third online cohort leading to an
M.A. in Developmental Studies -- January 2003.  The program lasts six 10
week terms and focuses on reading/writing (theory, assessment, strategies
for teaching), plus program management/program development, research to
practice, technology/learning, and adult development/learning.   We are
still accepting applications.

If you are interested, please take a look at our webpage at
http://www.nl.edu/nlu_cas/dvs/index.html and/or contact me at

Linda Sweeney
Program Director, Graduate Developmental Studies
Chair, Developmental Studies
National-Louis University

To Unsubscribe,
send a message to [log in to unmask]