Thanks Christa

-----Original Message-----
From: Christa Ehmann [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 11:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: qualitative research on tutors

Dear Rhonda,

I'm currently completing my PhD in Education and the focus of my
dissertation is on peer tutoring in higher education.  To give you some
background - my work is a qualitative study that explores different
manifestations of peer tutoring at a single college.  The cases under
investigation are of tutoring events that occurred during one semester
across three formalized programs (a math lab, writing center and tutoring
center).  Series of tutorials were audio-taped and semi-structured
interviews were conducted with student tutors, tutees, and relevant others
(professors, administrators, and the College President).  I've analyzed the
interviews and am now in the thick analyzing the tutorial conversations.

I'd be happy to speak with you about my research, if it can help your
project.

Warm Regards,
Christa Ehmann

Christa Ehmann