I printed a copy from the web site: http://www.aepp.org/news/BBBtutoring.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter W. Stevens [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 1:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: National Tutor Trade Practice Standards

--part1_19b.c404b88.2b0ff832_boundary

Dear Colleagues,

The Nat'l Better Business Bureau recently adopted consumer guidelines for
those receiving tutoring assistance that may have legal implications for
colleges
and universities nationally.  The standards are entitled: "National Better
Business Bureau Trade Practice Standards and Professional Guidelines for
Educational Tutoring."  130 NBB units nationally are disseminating these
standards to consumers.  Your local NBB may be able to provide a copy or
you can contact James E. Baumhart, President and CEO
                        Better Business Bureau of Chicago and Northern
Illinois

We discovered the standards in a new book entitled Tutor Quest by Dr.
Edward E. Gordan ISBN 0-87467-840-0  e-mail [log in to unmask]

The guidelines are focused on supervision, tutor training, and reporting on
student progress.  A special focus is made on students providing private
tutoring for hire.  It may serve you well to obtain a copy.

Keep a clear focus on training of your tutor employees.  These standards may
make it more critical that we insure that our tutors are trained to be more
effective in the tutoring services they provide..

Collegially,
Peter W. Stevens, President
The Cambridge Stratford Study Skills Institute
web site    www.cambridgestratford.com
(800) 466-2232
e-mail  [log in to unmask]

--part1_19b.c404b88.2b0ff832_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Dear Colleagues,
<BR>
<BR>The Nat'l Better Business Bureau recently adopted consumer guidelines
for
<BR>those receiving tutoring assistance that may have legal implications for
colleges
<BR>and universities nationally. &nbsp;The standards are entitled: "National
Better
<BR>Business Bureau Trade Practice Standards and Professional Guidelines for
<BR>Educational Tutoring." &nbsp;130 NBB units nationally are disseminating
these
<BR>standards to consumers. &nbsp;Your local NBB may be able to provide a
copy or
<BR>you can contact James E. Baumhart, President and CEO
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Better
Business Bureau of Chicago and Northern Illinois
<BR>
<BR>We discovered the standards in a new book entitled <I>Tutor Quest</I> by
Dr.
<BR>Edward E. Gordan ISBN 0-87467-840-0 &nbsp;e-mail [log in to unmask]
<BR>
<BR>The guidelines are focused on supervision, tutor training, and reporting
on
<BR>student progress. &nbsp;A special focus is made on students providing
private
<BR>tutoring for hire. &nbsp;It may serve you well to obtain a copy.
<BR>
<BR>Keep a clear focus on training of your tutor employees. &nbsp;These
standards may
<BR>make it more critical that we insure that our tutors are trained to be
more
<BR>effective in the tutoring services they provide..
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Collegially,
<BR>Peter W. Stevens, President
<BR>The Cambridge Stratford Study Skills Institute
<BR>web site &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;www.cambridgestratford.com
<BR>(800) 466-2232
<BR>e-mail &nbsp;[log in to unmask] </FONT></HTML>

--part1_19b.c404b88.2b0ff832_boundary--

To Unsubscribe,
send a message to [log in to unmask]
In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST.