All,

I echo much of what Marilyn says below. I love the customizing features, and
the administration of it is a breeze -- mostly.  We've been using the SBI
with our entire incoming first year class for 3 years now, and there are
some negatives -- NO BATCH PRINTING!  If you do this for a study skills
class of 15-20 students or for a much larger group, you still have to print
each individual report out. The nice thing is that you can get the stats for
the whole group or subgroups (if you are looking at multiple sections of a
course), but you cannot print their individual reports out as a collective
-- they have to be done 1 by 1!  This is a big problem for us since we are
administering the inventory to just slightly over 1,000 incoming cadets.

By the way -- have a happy holiday!

Lisa
Dr. Lisa D'Adamo-Weinstein
Director, Reading & Study Skills Program
Center for Enhanced Performance
6th Floor, Washington Hall, Bldg. 645A
West Point, NY 10996
TEL: 845-938-7815                               FAX: 845-938-2481
DSN: 688-7815
http://www-internal.dean.usma.edu/centers/cep/default.htm
"Teachers are those who use themselves as bridges, over which they invite
their students to cross; then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully
collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own." Nikos
Kazantzakis