I agree that this is a wonderful topic for discussion. This was
a topic at the first meeting of our Admissions Committee. We
have several new members who will be interviewing students.
It is difficult to identify  student who are ready to accept the
responsibility for making major changes in their process.
The students we look at are the marginal ones. Some of them with
mentoring rise to the challenge admirably while others talk a
good game but don't perform.

I guess a quality I look for is willingness to take
responsibility for their time. This coupled with the ability to
evaluate and change strategies is always a good sign.
--
Carole Basak, Associate Director
Academic Support Services

[920]403-1321