Renee,

In a math lab I worked at, faculty did one or two hours of reassigned time in
the lab. This was very helpful during busy times if the faculty actually
tutored. It also gave the tutors an opportunity to interact with faculty and
develop a rapport with them. Students liked being able to access their
instructions in the lab as well.

Some instructors would do study groups for their classes in the lab. As the
faculty support, increased the morale of the tutors increased, due the
feeling of working toward a common goal.

At a learning support center I worked at, they had faculty representatives
for each department. This helped to centralize information and communication
and gave the tutors a greater sense of being part of the educational process.

I hope this helps.

Carole Hanson