The CT State University system is advancing a proposal to charge students an additional $150 for each "remedial" course they need.  Here at Central Connecticut State University we offer two such courses. One in Elementary Algebra (math 099) and one in Remedial English (Eng 099).  We use Accuplacer for placement in these courses.  The courses carry institutional credit and receive a grade that is part of the GPA.

Please direct me to the most recent and relevant arguments against this proposal.  Thank you.

Meg Leake
The Learning Center
Central Connecticut State University
New Britain, CT