	From: Julie Shattuck [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
	Sent: Thu 11/21/2002 8:47 AM
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Off-campus tutoring

	I would like to know whether other tutoring programs tutor off-campus in
	particular circumstances. For the last four years all in-person tutoring
	has had to take place on campus for liability reasons. Also in the last
	four years the college has been expanding it's off-campus instruction
	and I have had numerous requests to provide tutors to these off-campus
	sites. Examples of such sites are workplaces where the college delivers
	in-work classes and clinical sites at local hospitals etc. for our
	Allied Health students.

	My question is, do other tutoring programs send tutors to off-campus
	sites where their college is delivering instruction? If you do, are
	there any liabilty issues that you had to deal with? If you don't, what
	reasons are given for not providing such services?

	Thank you very much for your help.

	Julie Shattuck
	Program Manager, Tutorial Services
	Frederick Community College