I'm sure you are deluged with thanks and appreciation, Guillermo.  So, no need to reply to this missive.  THANK YOU for your ingenuity, patience, and wisdom.

Pat Schutz
Mesa State College

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/01/02 12:26PM >>>
Hi all,

It seems that we all are going through turbulent times. Our University
Learning Center is no exception. We are going through uncertain times and
face some radical changes. What is certain is that my duties within the
Center have been changing steadily over time and that this round of changes
will move me further into other things.

Thus I have decided to step down as LRNASST owner as of January 31, 2003.

I will ask that some of you, preferably more than one, step forward to take
the responsibility for owning and managing the list. In preparation for the
change, and to make life easier for whoever takes on the list, I have
initiated the following changes in the operation of the list:

I have established a renewal policy which will start on November 15, 2002,
and will continue on a yearly basis thereafter. I have also established an
auto-delete process that will automatically un-subscribe accounts that are
disabled, or no longer exist.

I have also developed a "Terms of Use" statement that will establish some
limits in the use of the list. This new terms of use statement will be
distributed to all on November 15 during the renewal process, and will be
presented to every new subscriber as part of his/her
confirmation.  Confirmation in both cases signifies acceptance of the terms.

I strongly encourage anyone who is interested in taking this duty to
contact me so we can get started in the transition.

It has been an interesting ride. Thanks a lot to all of you.

Guillermo Uribe Ph.D.
Manager, Learning Technology and Information Systems
University Learning Center, Freshman Year Center
Old Main 202
520.621.5983

To Unsubscribe,
send a message to [log in to unmask]