Dear Dan,

In the contect of the Living arrangements and Social Networks of Older Adults
program
(http://ssg.scw.vu.nl/lasa/lsn.html) the duration of relationships
with network members was analysed in:
Lamme SP, Dykstra PA & Broese van Groenou MI (1996).
 Rebuilding the network: New relationships in widowhood.
Personal Relationships, 3, 337-349.

Theo van Tilburg
Associate Professor Social Gerontology
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Dept. of Sociology & Social Gerontology
De Boelelaan 1081c, NL-1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
phone +31-20-4446870, fax +31-20-4446810
Internet: http://www.scw.vu.nl/~tilburg/
Email: [log in to unmask]