Friedman et al Social networks, drug injectors' lives, and HIV/AIDS
(Kluwer/Plenum, 1999) has a number of analyses that consider this issue.
 As do a number of the papers that came out of this study, including
Friedman SR, Jose B, Neaigus A, Curtis R, Vermund SH, Des Jarlais DC.
(2000). Network-related mechanisms may help explain long-term
HIV-1-seroprevalence levels that remain high but do not approach
population-group saturation.  American Journal of Epidemiology, 152
(10), 913-922.

Sam Friedman
National Development and Research Institutes
71 West 23d Street, 8th floor
New York, NY 10010
USA
1 212 845 4467
Fax 1 917 438 0894

>>> Dan Perlman <[log in to unmask]> 11/22/02 09:09AM >>>

Dear Socnet List members,

Do you know of published articles, chapters or books using duration of
relationships with network members?    At least two or three studies
have
collected this data (Lauman's Detroit area study [I think],  Fischer's
Northern California study, Wellman's East York survey and the Dutch
Nestor
project by de Jong Gierveld, Pearl Dykstra, etc). Nonetheless but I am
not
aware of much analysis of this variable.  Are there references I should
be
checking? Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Dan Perlman