Tracy:
Here's the figures I've used for 25 years (don't know the original source,
sorry).  You can use them two ways to calculate linear feet -
1 - Average amount of working file space in one drawer (after deducting for
folders, dividers, etc.) = 20 inches (about 1.67 linear feet).  Multiply by
number of drawers.
OR
2 - Average number of pages/sheets per inch = 175.  Multiply by depth of
drawer (or depth of paper in drawer if drawer not full) and divide by 12.
Should give estimated linear feet for each drawer.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager
Newport News Dept. of Public Utilities