Hewitt Associates is a 14,500 associate management consulting and
outsourcing company (NYSE: HEW). Records Management at Hewitt is
managed by myself, with a staff of four consultant/analysts who deal
with our strategic records issues and global implementations. Each
office typically has at least one person who has part-time
responsibility for records management. Our larger offices have full
time records management staff who generally oversee records management
in the smaller offices, as well as their own office.

In Lincolnshire, IL (our corporate center), we have about nine people
in Central Records, with another 30 doing imaging work. We also do
imaging in four other global locations.

Information Management is the overall department name and reports
within the Supporting Services practice area of the firm. Supporting
Services is bundled with other Shared Services within the firm,
reporting ultimately, to the Chief Administrative Officer.

We have separated strategic functions from operational functions and
operate a matrixed management scheme. Operations reports to a peer of
mine who manages all operations in our facility. The strategic
components of Information Management, Mail and Distribution, and Print
all work closely with the Operations Manager and we have shared
performance goals.

Hewitt has had a records management program for 50 years in its 60+
year history.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM