Hi folks.  I hope you are having a simply marvellous day.  I thought some of
you may be interested in this release from the Treasury Board of Canada.
OTTAWA - The Honourable Lucienne Robillard, President of the Treasury Board
of Canada and Member of Parliament for Westmount - Ville-Marie, today
released the government-wide results of the 2002 Public Service Employee
Survey.
"We are encouraged by what our employees are telling us," said Minister
Robillard. "The results show us that although more work remains to be done,
we are improving the public service workplace. This is key to enhancing
service to Canadians. The 2002 survey gives us important information as we
reform the public service."
The 2002 survey posed questions on issues ranging from an employee's work
environment to skills and career development and labour-management
relations. Thirty-nine questions were repeated from the first Public Service
Employee Survey in 1999, showing improvement in thirty-six. New questions
were added on topics such as service to clients, work-life balance and
official languages. Other questions were refined from 1999 to obtain a
clearer picture of issues requiring greater analysis...............
Complete government-wide survey results are available at:
www.survey-sondage.gc.ca <http://www.survey-sondage.gc.ca/>

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Business Development and Strategic Planning Division,
Information Management Directorate,
Finance and Administration Branch,
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency,
16th Floor, Albion Tower, 25 Nicolas Street,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5

        '       (613) 957-6621
        "       http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca