> Ms. Rehnquist ...
> told the two senators, ... that her office routinely destroyed
> documents that included "sensitive information such as proprietary data."

> The question I'd ask is what is the retention schedule for
> investigative documents used by the OIG?

To look at her statement from another viewpoint (strictly my opinion and the
need to play devil's advocate for a moment) - she may have been referring to
the office routinely shredding (rather than throwing away or recycing)
sensitive documents when they were destroyed, hopefully in compliance with a
retention schedule, and not to routinely destroying sensitive records in
lieu of official retention periods.  The reporter may have either got it
wrong or reinterpreted what she said.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager