Hello Everyone,

I hope I'm not disturbing your holiday vacation, but I was looking to
get your assistance whenever you had a chance.

I'm looking to get help on CALIFORNIA state regulations covering whether
medical records can be stored in electronic format? Specifically Lab
Reports / Accessions, but also Patient Files, etc.

If so what media is acceptable?
And can the originals be destroyed?

From what I understand, it is acceptable and scanning and document
imaging is done by many various healthcare / medical companies.  What
I'm primarily interested in is resources citing the legality and
admissibility of these practices.  Any specific sites citing this
information would be very helpful.

But most importantly, Happy Holidays!

Thanks,

George