From: Rae Cogar [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 6:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Informal survey

I have been asked a question regarding records management practices in large
organizations and thought I would ask this illustrious list to get the most
accurate data.   The question posed is - how is records management done at a
large public company - over 20,000 employees?   Is there a dedicated records
management staff with director and support staff?   If so, where does this
fall in the organization chart - under legal, administration or IT?    I
know the answers to both questions will vary, but I am just trying to get a
sense of how some companies are handling this today.

Thanks for your input.

Rae Cogar
(from lovely snowy Buffalo)