The 30 year requirement of 29 CFR part 1910 applies
only to medical records related to exposure to
specified chemical substances or other specified
hazardous exposures such as radiation in the workplace.

Medical records related to other work-related injuries
governed by workers comp laws are governed on a
state-by-state basis.  There is frequently no
explicitly designated retention period for them for the
employer, only for the workers' comp carrier or
administrator.

Re personnel files, there is no federally mandated
retention period as such, nor do most states have them.
  For those that do, it varies on a state-by-state
basis.  Various documents that might make their way
into a personnel file -- payroll records, training
records, afffirmative action or FMLA records, etc., do
have retention periods, but these periods vary
considerably, and since there is no standard defined
record set associated with a personnel file, its
impossible to generalize.  It depends on what's in it.

John Montana
29 Parsons Road
Landenberg Pa 19350
610-255-1588