Do any of you use MS Access for handling FOI/Public Records Requests and their paper inventory?

Mary Collette Newsum
Records File Clerk
Sammamish Plateau Water & Sewer District

From: Gerry Clifford [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 8:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Assertiveness Vs. Humour

Humor is good, but know your audience. My last thought on this whole thread
is that you need to appeal to the business side of the equation. You must
talk dollars and cents or pounds and shillings. We as RIM professionals have
to realize that we are overhead and contribute nothing to the bottom line. I
like to approach the subject of purchasing or raises with the opening line
"We can cut costs [X amount of dollars) and speed up production (X amount by
percentage) if we do the following." Right there you will have their
undivided attention.  I like to break everything down into segments with
timelines. The quicker you can demonstrate ROI (return on investment) the
happier they will be. Good luck on your endeavors as there has been a number
of excellent suggestions made on this thread.
Regards,
Gerry Clifford
Clifford & Associates
360-835-5102