I am looking for an algorithm that has been coded in C++ or another language
to calculate two measures of ego density for large matrices (500 x 500). The
two measures are:

1) "traditional" measure: ties present / ties possible

2) Scott's (1991) measure: fraction of possible ties present among ego’s
alters (i.e., this measure does not count ego's direct ties)

Both measures should be able to account for dichotomous or weighted ties.

I looked at Carter Butts' collection of S routines, but did not see an ego
density algorithm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Corey Phelps
Management & Organization
School of Business
University of Washington