A better example is here... this should handle any number of fields and
insert a non-breaking space on fields with nothing in them, so as to
preserve table alignments.

Just paste it into a file on your shell, chmod +x the file, and run it.

This is again assuming the file is spreadsheet.txt (which can be easily
changed, last line.

Hope this is useful to somebody.

---- snip ----

awk '