From: Randy Switt [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 5:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Quiet?

>May I contribute an on topic question?
>
>Does any one know of a Dreamweaver ultra developer extension to
>vertically loop a recordset? I'd like to display a Recordset in a table

>with three columns, so that the Recordset looks something like this:
>
>1 6 11
>2 7 12
>3 8 13
>4 9 14
>5 10 15
>
>I can loop my recordset horizontally and of course repeat it straight
>down, but not vertically. I write ASP code fairly well so if there's a
>bit of ASP that I could manipulate I'd be happy to have it.

Rachel, I don't think this should be that hard to do.  Let's assume you
have m rows and n columns:

1) retrieve your recordset
2) print the first record in the first row, first column
3) advance your curser m records
4) print out the next record in the next column
5) repeat 3 and 4 n-1 times
6) return curser to beginning of recordset
7) advance number of records equal to the number of  the row you are on
8) print next record
9) repeat 3 and 4 n-1 times
10) repeat 7-9 until you are at the end of your recordset.

Randy S.