Maybe. There is also a major "Science" section with "Social Science" and
"Physical Science" as legitimate subsections, where the article could have
fitted equally well (and certainly better than where it actually appeared),
though. Interestingly enough, there is a major link from the top-level
"Science" section and no major link from the top-level "Arts" section.
However, there is a minor link from the "THE WEEK IN ARTS" box. So, I think
the editors were a little clueless on what to do with the article, which
deserves some thought. Since this is a ranting thread... :-)

--On Sunday, January 26, 2003 6:23 PM -0500 Steven Sherman