Good point Tom.  I looked at just the Task/Work network in all 20 organizations -- symmetric/confirmed ties.

But, last week I sent out a presentation full of 'product expertise networks' [asymmetric links] and they all looked more scale-free [One, or several, node(s) had many more in-degrees than average].

Valdis